LET’S GIVE OUR COMMUNITY A REASON TO SHOP LOCAL!
LET’S GIVE OUR COMMUNITY A REASON TO SHOP LOCAL! Let’s transform our community into a retail destination, draw traffic and encourage sales.
NOTE TO MERCHANTS: If you are not moving forward, it means you are standing still, and that is not a healthy, competitive position.
Let’s aim to improve the economic health of our neighborhoods, localities and shopping corridors.
- Shopping local creates jobs. Shops in Villa Rica create local employment and self-employment. These people, in turn, spend in the local economy.
- Local independent shops invest more in our community. Local businesses are proportionally more generous in their support of local charities, schools, and community events. So supporting local shops means a financial contribution to your community.
- Local shops sell great products at affordable prices. Some people get out of the habit of shopping locally and are then surprised by the range of products available.
- Shopping locally saves you time and money. You travel less, saving on time and fuel.
- Shopping locally retains your community. People don’t like losing shops and services in small towns but don’t equate this with how they spend their money.
- Shopping locally retains your distinctiveness. Independent shops create distinctive shopping experiences and stock different products. Local businesses respond more quickly to the needs of local customers, stocking products to meet changing population needs.
- Shopping locally saves the environment. Local shops often stock a high percentage of locally sourced goods that do not require long-distance transportation, helping to reduce our global footprint.
- Local shops are for everyone. Most people can get to their local shops easily. This is especially important for the elderly, young people and others who rely on public transportation.
- Local shops value you more. Evidence from numerous surveys show people receive better customer care and service locally. These businesses survive by their reputation and repeat business, which means you get a higher standard of service.
- Shopping local saves services. Private and public sector services cluster around shops. As shops disappear so do hairdressers, banks, restaurants and other businesses.
Consumers can pledge to Think, Shop, Buy, Local and commit to patronizing businesses near where they live and work. Local stores employ your neighbors, pay taxes that support your schools and improve your roads and contribute to local non-profit groups.
Together we can strengthen relationships that improve our quality of life. So next time before you make a purchase, Think, Shop, Buy, Local.
Barbara Wold International – International Speaker, Author and Business Strategist